Thursday 26 April 2012


Sometimes I wonder if spring will ever appear in this corner of the world. Will I ever swap my winter boots for light ballerinas? Will we ever go to the park to play in full sun? Will we ever stop wearing mittens and scarves? It's been so cold here, it almost feels as it was much warmer back in December than it is now, in the end of April. We are so tired of it. Tired of this greyness around us, steel skies and depressing rains. We had few very warm days few weeks ago and people say that it was our summer: came and went in a blink of an eyelid. 

Last few months have been quite heavy on us but we're slowly getting our energies back. C.'s operation gave us new perspective on many things in our lives. G. is getting better and I want to believe she is not suffering from asthma. And as for me, I survived few weeks on pasta with pesto diet and from now on, it can only get better.

7 comments:

  1. Here's to lighter days kasia.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winter came late for us too, though in these parts, we need the rain. Wishing you blue skies soon.

    Pasta and pesto is so comforting... pastries and cereal for me as well. I've needed these things for the past few months too and just hoping the sun comes out for all of us. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you sweet mama. I'm sorry that you are sad, it makes part of me feel sad too. I hope the sun starts shining on your part of the world soon. We aren't much better off here. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the days get warmer and lighter from now on :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the gloomy days, and about all the health issues - you really had a lot to deal with these last months! I didn't realize C had to have surgery, and I hope the asthma is not too serious or frequent. Asthma can be successfully treated and prevented, and can go away with age.
    Summer is just round the corner. Baci.

    ReplyDelete
  6. preciosa imagen!, me encanta tu blog!!

    ReplyDelete