Thursday 5 May 2011

FO: Baby cardigan.

I haven't been knitting lately as much as I'd like to but as some of you know we're getting ready for a big removal and most of my stash is already packed away. All I've been working on in the past weeks are just small baby garments- I'm trying to update my folksy shop a bit. Today I finished a simple baby cardigan and I'm quite pleased with the final result.

I used Araucania Ulmo (one hank) and all I can say is that I loved working with this yarn. It splits a bit but it knits up very evenly and gives very smooth texture. Plus, I absolutely love the vivid mix of colours: turquoise blue, amethyst purple and bottle green. I used two wooden buttons for closure- a natural touch to this fantastic hand dyed cotton.

More photos on my Ravelry page.
***

From other news: I'm seriously thinking of joining this year KCWC. It starts next Monday. I'm aiming to knit one spring/summer cardigan for little G. as well as summer dress for her, combining knitting and sewing together. I already bought some fabric but I'm so bad at sewing that I'm not really sure if it's a good idea. Well, I will try. Trying doesn't hurt, does it?

Happy knitting!

6 comments:

  1. Totalnie boskie!!!Piękne te kolory!!!Też uwielbiam Araucanię :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cardigan, beautiful lively colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ala: dziekuje za mile slowa!

    Carmela: thank you for your nice comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous!

    love the colours...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that little cardi looks just delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your nice comments! x

    ReplyDelete