Tuesday 29 December 2009

My very first shawl; free pattern.



Finally, this shawl is done as well. It was a big fun to knit and I'm very happy with the way it came out. Someone on Ravelry asked me about the pattern. Well, I didn't have a proper pattern for this shawl but I felt highly inspired by few photos I saw on Ravelry. It is my very first shawl and it was a good exercise for me. Here is what I did (it's more "my projects notes" than a proper pattern but I hope I can help someone)

I casted on 5 sts.
First row (RS): k1, yo, k1, yo, k1, yo, k1, yo, k1. 9 sts
Second and every row on WR: purl

Then I just kept increasing number of sts on RS by YO: k2, yo, knit to the centre, yo, k1, yo, knit to the last 2 sts, yo, k2

Because knitting in stocking stitch sometimes gets boring, every six or seven rows I knit on WR instead of purling. This way the shawl looks more interesting.

Knit the last 3 rows. Bind off. Block and enjoy.



My very first shawl.
Pattern: my head
Yarn: unknown
Needles:US7/ 4.5mm

2 comments:

  1. That is so beautiful! I don't know how you come up with this stuff! You should write a book!

    ReplyDelete