Monday 10 September 2012

FO: Miss Marple.

Few weeks ago I finished this lovely cardigan for G. I fell in love with the pattern the first moment I saw it on Ravelry and I could not wait to cast on. Luckily, I had some suitable yarn sitting already in my stash and once I started knitting Miss Marple, I couldn't put my needles down.

The pattern comes from talented Nadia, the author of this pullover that I knit some time ago for Baby F. Another project that I'm really happy with. The pattern is straightforward and easy to follow and the lace pattern is easy to memorize. It's a pleasure  to knit, especially that it knits pretty fast with worsted weigh yarn.



I absolutely love everything about this cardigan. It is probably the best of my projects in terms of precision. I usually hate picking up stitches for bands but here I finally got it right, ripping them only once (huge improvement). I twisted the edge stitches of the lace pattern to obtain a neater look. I also feared picking up stitches for the sleeves but with a bit of patience and help from few tutorials my sleeves turned out beautifully. I learnt a lot about shaping sleeve cap by wrap&turn (w&t) technique.



And as you can see, G. loves her new cardigan and that's the best prize for me as a knitter.
Project notes:
Pattern: Miss Marple by Nadia Crétin-Léchenne
Yarn: Cascade 220 Heathers, 2.1 skeins
Needles: 4.5mm/ US7

There's also adult version of this cardigan, Lady Marple. The pattern is in testing right now and will be available in mid October.

Happy knitting!

8 comments:

  1. What a lucky little girl to have such a talented Mama...I'm in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a very comfy cardigan as well. Your daughter is a little sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful little girl! and a really lovely cardi :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this the other day on your Ravelry and immediately fell in love! Then I had to see if she had an adult version (she did!) but it's not quite as adorable as it is on G. Really beautiful, well done!

    (P.S. H says 'hi!')

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurray for happy little girls in handknits!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is adorable beyond words. Then you go and add those fantastic buttons. This knit is over the moon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fabulous knit!!! And it suits your beautiful daughter so well

    ReplyDelete