Tuesday 9 August 2011

Simple pleasures


Some of you already know that I'm not very good at baking but for the past few days I've been feeling   unexplained urge to make something sweet, to fill our flat with some delicious smells and aromas. Maybe it's the weather (cold and grey and depressing), maybe it's a memory from my childhood that comes to me every now and then (my mum baking cakes for afternoon tea) or maybe it's just because of all these great recipes out there, supported by fabulous photos that make my mouth water...

This afternoon I wanted to cheer us up a bit. I wanted to make something I'd never done before,  something sweet and tasty but easy enough to bake. So I baked these chocolate muffins/brownies with mascarpone and raspberries. 


The recipe for these muffins comes from this fantastic blog. For a long time now I've been feeding my eyes there with beautiful photos of deliciously looking food and today I finally decided it was time to start feeding our bellies too. I decided to try some recipes and the muffins looked easy enough to make and very tempting at the same time. And although I feared one huge baking disaster, I must proudly announce: I have finally baked something edible! And not only my muffins are edible, they actually taste good. Here is hope for my future baking :)


3 comments:

  1. Yum, yum, it's beautiful and it must be delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks fabulous - any chance of finding the recipe in English?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course you can bake, Kasia! All you need is a half decent oven :)
    Your muffins look perfect, and so do the raspberries. If you lived in Italy, you'd never get raspberries like that!

    ReplyDelete