Saturday 2 April 2011

Something to aspire to- 2KCBWDAY6



Something to aspire to. Is there a pattern or skill that you don’t yet feel ready to tackle but which you hope to (or think you can only dream of) tackling in the future, near or distant? 

Since I started my knitting adveture few yars ago, I have learnt many things about this craft but still I feel like I have only touched a wee bit of knitting. There is so much to learn there. I can simply name few things that I would definitely like to explore and master. Let's talk socks, for example. I've always admired beautiful socks knitted from interesting patterns by other knitters but could never manage to knit them myself. Lately I've been thinking that not only I'd love to learn to knit socks. I'd love to knit many many pairs of socks for my little family and get rid of the store-bought ones. I'm looking for a nice yarn to start my first pair of socks so any suggestions from you, talented knitters, are welcome.

I've been in love with fair isle for years now and I would like to knit more projects with beautifully patterned yoke. There's something very special about them that makes me drool over some projects...

And yes, I wouldn't mind to know how to write down patterns professionally. I've got so many ideas running in my head that sometimes I can't even fall asleep at night. If only I could find more time for everything... Is it only me or is a day not long enough for everyone..?

And last but not least: crochet. I hope to learn more about this mysterious craft in the future. I just love the idea of crocheting blankets for my family. They are truly beautiful things, those blankets.

Have a great weekend Everyone!


2 comments:

  1. looks like you have the same problem as me - socks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes a class at a LYS is all it takes to gain a bit of confidence with something new.

    ReplyDelete