Sunday 8 November 2009

Something new.

Few days ago I visited one of my favourite local yarn shops in search for some new yarn. I want to knit winter hat for C., it's getting pretty cold and windy here in Genoa around this time of year. C. actually went with me because I wanted him to choose yarn himself and I must admit I am quite happy with his choice. Although I had only one hat in mind, I will be definitely knitting two: not being able to decide on color we bought two different kinds of yarn in two different colors; here is what we got:

Laines Du Nord"Giunco"
100% merino wool
gauge: 23 st/33 rows to 10 cm
needles: 3.5 mm-4 mm
2 skeins of brown color (colorway 333/ lot 8236)



Laines Du Nord
"Lampedusa"
50% wool
25% alpaca
25% acrylic
gauge: 19 st/20 rows to 10 cm
needles: 4.5 mm- 5 mm

2 skeins of green color (colorway 7/lot 8236)


I especially like "Lampedusa"- it feels very soft and warm in my fingers and I hope it knits very well too. And just look at this color... I'm a big fan of green.

I have already chosen few hat patterns in Ravelry pattern base; now I just have to narrow my choice to two patterns only (which is not going to be easy ;-) ).

Hopefully I am finished with the hats before the end of this months (I still have some wip on my needles too).


No comments:

Post a Comment