Wednesday 24 June 2009

Corner View #10 and #11


Last week I wasn't able to take a part in our weekly corner view project (too busy :) ) so I decided to make up for it this week. The theme was "street fashion". I took plenty of photos while visiting sites with my parents but in the end I decided to stick to one picture only. I took it in Milan and I think those young girls could be met in any Italian (and not only Italian) city.

This week subject is "music". In Genoa there are some places where you can meet someone playing the guitar, accordion or harmonica to gain some money from people passing them by. But it's not only about money, I think. The satisfaction and pleasure of playing on the street- this is what really counts to those public musicians. You can see it on their faces.

But I've got my own private musician at home. C. plays the guitar beautifully but not as often as I'd like him to. Sometimes when our baby is upset or doesn't want to settle down, he plays for her and she stops crying, watching him with her big eyes wide open. I love the way C. plays Eric Clapton's "Tears in Heaven" for us. Ufortunately, he didn't let me to take a photo of him playing. So, only images of one of his guitars for this week's corner view...




Please, visit other lovely places around the world:
jane, ladybug-zen, ian, bonnie, esti, sophie, cele, modsquad, caitlin, joyce, ani, couturecoucou, kim, a day that is dessert, natsumi, epe, kaylovesvintage, trinsch, c.t., jeanette, outi, schanett, ritva, dongdong, francesca, state of bliss, jennifer, dana, denise, cabrizette, bohemian girl, ruth, dianna, isabelle, amber, all the lovelies, mister e, janis, kari, jgy, jenna, skymring, elizabeth, audrey, allison, lise, cate, mon, victoria, crescent moon, erin, otli, amy, ida, caroline, lisa, dorte, kimmie, la luna dans le ciel, nicola, malo, vanessa, britta, virgina, april, rebecca, b, sunnymama, kyndale, samantha, karen, kristina, angelina, juanita, pamela, emily, dorit, sophie, janet, mcgillicutty, desiree, travellingmama, aimee, mirtille, madchen, guusje, boise, daan, woolie, 2ndspring, jenell, tina, inna,

20 comments:

  1. Oh, I love those photos! I need to come to Italy! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pics!
    double happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful that your man plays for your daughter when she is feeling blue. That is so sweet.

    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are one lucky girl. We don't have children, but my husband has been known to play for our senior dog so she can fall asleep. Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to mention everytime I visit your blog I want a cup of coffee like your header! It always looks so.... good! xoox

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely contributions, especially the fashion shot!
    nicola
    http://whichname.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photos! Way to go the extra mile and post both.. I am not that ambitious. Great job (as always)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It must be wonderful to have a musician in your home. My family loves music but we are all still learning! Nice fashion photo, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 2 corners in 1 !!! Whaaa !!! Nice shots !

    ReplyDelete
  10. My husband used to play guitar to help me sleep - it was lovely. I'll have to remind him that I am due for a lullaby...thanks for the sweet reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  11. luv the fashion pic! and how lucky are you to have your very own live in musician...:) besos-jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow. i adore that street fashion picture. and the one of the guitar is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I LOVE your guitar photos! So sweet he plays to your little one! Music is so soothing!

    Love those cute girls... so chic!

    Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. your posts always make me happy. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. fantastic street style photo. for me it's definitely italian style ;-) i think it's wonderful to have a husband who plays guitar, calms the baby and plays lovesongs for his family. wish you a wonderful week*

    ReplyDelete
  16. you and your daughter are lucky to have a musician at home ... and your fashion pics is great !!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That was a fantastic street fashion picture!

    ReplyDelete
  18. you are back..
    love the girls on the first photo..
    my husband always sings..when he is home...enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, oh... an other Mr C. musician !!! I know how lucky you are !!! Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is the best way to sooth a baby, no photos needed!

    ReplyDelete